Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Visitation

Looking for a great flick to rent for this weekend? Try "The Visitation", by author Frank Peretti.


We thought it was a really good film; it's a bit like some of the supernatural flicks you've probably seen: "Amityville", "The Exorcist", etc. But this one has a decidedly Christian worldview - not surprising since Peretti is a Christian author. The film, whether the average moviegoer realizes it or not, deals with spiritual warfare.

One of the leading characters, a Pentecostal preacher played by Randy Travis, realizes early on that there's something just not right with the mysterious stranger who's just blown into town claiming to be a faith healer. As the story plays out, a confrontation between the two is inevitable.

You'll have to see the rest for yourself.

Here's the official synopsis:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UUUUUUUHHHHHH, is it a scary movie? Scary movies have a habit of staying with me for a long time, I'm a "girly" girl when it comes to scary movies...LOL!! I scream at all the right spots in the movies.

Jenn said...

I didn't know there was a Frank Peretti movie. I've read most of his books. I read This Present Darkness twice even though it gave me nightmares. Maybe I will check it out... can you get this at Blockbuster?

Bryan said...

Wildfire:

Yep, parts of it are creepy. But it's got some good lessons in it about false prophets and what Christians need to be wary of.


Jenn:

We rented it from a locally-owned video store but I don't see why Blockbuster wouldn't carry it. I'll bet they do. I think you'll really like it.