Saturday, February 03, 2007

My Continuing Dental Quagmire

Well, that makes two times now that my temporary crown has fallen out while I await my permanent one. Two times!!! And it came out both times while eating only cheese & crackers. Cheese & crackers!! What's so sticky about cheese & crackers? Can anyone say, "not enough cement"?

Now I have to go through the whole weekend unable to enjoy a meal without contorting my tongue in such a way as to keep the food on one side. Talk about oral gymnastics!

I don't know, I'm thinking after this work is over it's time to find a new dentist. There's also been the issue of pain associated with the temps. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night hurting so badly I have to dope-up on Ibuprophen in order to get back to sleep. And yes, the temporary crowns have been checked for proper clearance, so that's not the problem. My dentist told me there may be a chance that the teeth in question are abscessed, which, of course, means a root canal. Arrgh!

My dental saga continues...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you Bryan. Teeth issues are not fun at all. I hope you don't have to have a root canal!!!