Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Dentist

I’m off to the dentist tomorrow. Two crowns and a filling are what I’m scheduled for. And boy, oh, boy, am I ever looking forward to eating and drinking again without wincing in pain every time I ingest something cold.

I am not, however, looking forward to him sticking me with that needle multiple times in order to get those pesky nerves deadened. He seems to have trouble with me for some reason -- it takes him forever to finally get my teeth deadened to the point that I can take the high-speed drill without coming unglued. Maybe it’s him, or maybe it’s just the way I’m hardwired. Who knows?

Open up and say, “Ah”.

3 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

Good luck. Although it sux, we are SO very lucky to have dentists. I had one rotten wisdom tooth and it hurt worse than my neck when I had two broken bones in it!

Bryan said...

True. I was also thinking the same thing after my appointment was over and I could actually eat on the left side of my jaw again. We are indeed fortunate to have dentists.

BTW, this time it only took him once to put my nerves to sleep. I guess he's had a lot more time to practice since my last visit five years ago. :)

The first thing I ate when I got home was a piece of cheesecake and I could actually eat it with out feeling pain from the cold. Hurray!!

Behold, the power of cheesecake!!

Bryan said...

Wildfire:
He did rub the numbing agent on my gums before he stuck me. I'm glad!