Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Front Porch

I'm out on my front porch with my German Shepherd Jewel this morning enjoying another great cup of Columbian Coffee, sweetened with honey. Ever since a friend suggested I try honey instead, I've been ruined to sugar and Coffee Mate.

Mmm, glad I made the switch.

I notice that I’m always the only one out on the front porch; none of my neighbors are ever out on theirs. I wonder why? In the old days people used to enjoy the front porch; taking time to enjoy the simple things in life is key.

It's a mild 52° outside right now...perfect coffee-sipping weather. The projected high today is 70°. Since I still haven't put my hard top back on my Jeep yet, I think I'll go for a ride and enjoy the day. Maybe I'll even go exploring off-road and take my camcorder along and post some footage of where I go for you.

2 comments:

Donnav said...

Hey Bryan!! Thanks for leaving this link with your comment on my xanga...I'll remember from now on...you have my favorite breed of dogs & you drive a jeep! When we lived in Arkansas I hardly ever had my top on....now that we are in the Portland area it's a different story...but I keep it down as much as I can!! This is actually a great place to own a jeep...lots of forest roads to explore!
And the front porches....last summer when I was in Costa Rica everyone there sat out on the front porch in the evenings, I felt like I had gone back in time...it was great!! I'll have to thank Barbara for introducing us...it's going to be fun getting to know you!!

Bryan said...

Yep, we love German Shepherds, too. We've had them for as far back as I can remember. Great dogs.

You're so lucky to live in a place as beautiful as Portland. The trails to explore there must be fantastic! You'll have to post some pics sometime, if you haven't already done so.

Front porches. Can't be em'. :)