Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Messy Desktop


Here it is, Ladies and Gentleman - my messy desktop. Yes, I know. I need to do some spring-cleaning on it.

Other things I need to do today:

I really need to cut a piece of Plexiglas I brought home from work for our front storm door because our German Shepherd destroyed it the last big storm we had. She jumped the backyard fence and frantically tried to paw her way into the house, smashing the bottom Plexiglas in the process. Fortunately for me I work in maintenance at a hospital and if I wait long enough, eventually I can get materials like Plexiglas without having to pay for it. I was hanging a new eraser board for our E.R. department yesterday and asked them if they really needed the Plexiglas backing they had behind their old eraser board. They said no and the rest is history.

Change the oil in my Jeep. Drudgery but a necessary task.

Attend our daughter's soccer game. I may take some video footage since it's a team she really wants to beat.

We may go shopping for a surround sound system for our T.V. (tax money came back), and a new computer monitor while we're at it because this old one is about to give out. There are lines at the top, which means it has a short. I've put up with it as long as I can. Time for a new one.

Question: Do you think a CRT (cathode ray tube) monitor gives a better picture or are the new LCD monitors the only way to go? I've looked at both and still can't decide which gives a better display.

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

hey how did you get the screen shot?

Bryan said...

I just hit "Print Screen" on my keyboard and then pasted the image into Paintshop Pro, saving it as a .jpg. But sometimes a .gif image will work better. It just depends.

Saur♥Kraut said...

The new monitors are FANTASTIC. We scrapped all our old ones years ago. I really like the latest models, and they're so thin they can fit anywhere.

Bryan said...

Thanks, Saur. You've helped me decide.