Saturday, April 07, 2007

Internet Connection Speed



These are the latest speed-test figures for my DSL connection. Back when I had dial-up the fasted download speed I could attain was 52 kbps, quite a difference from the connection I have now, which to me is blazing fast; however I do understand that there are cable broadband users who routinely clock in at 10,000 kbps or better for download speeds. I guess cable is still king for the fastest connections in most instances, but from what I read it can slow down appreciably when lots of people in the same neighborhood jump online at the same time, not that that happens very often though.

DSL doesn't have that problem.

We'd probably have a cable Internet connection too if it weren't for the convenience of our Internet charges being tacked on to our monthly phone bill.

Here's the link to test your connection. But be sure to choose a server closest to where you live. I'd be interested to know what your results are.

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

hey that was cool!

My results were 14,115 and 1,126

I have DSL cable I think...

Bryan said...

Wow! You have the fastest connection for a home user I've seen yet! You're smokin'!

Jenn said...

I'm at 7926 download speed. Wow, layla is fast.

Anonymous said...

I'm on clearwire, switched from cable, it seems to be pretty much the same. I will try this because sometimes I'm pretty sure someone is kiping my signal and slowing me down