Sunday, April 02, 2006

New Neighbor

We've got some new neighbors. Or I should say "a" new neighbor. He couldn't be more than 25 years old, if that. And he doesn't appear to be married.

When our previous neighbors lived in the house, they used to let my father-in-law, Glenn, park his little red car (occasionally he comes over to work out of our garage to work on family vehicles) on the southwest corner of their property, on a little patch of concrete not more than 15' x 25' in size, just opposite our garage.

Glenn, not realizing that we now had a new neighbor living in the house, recently parked his car on the same patch of concrete just like he always had. Not long after, our new neighbor came over to where Glenn was standing and said, "Just wanted to give you a heads up that I don't want you to park there anymore."

Glenn, being the nice guy that he is, said, "Sure, no problem".

The very next day Glenn asked me to come to the back of our house, near our garage and close to where our neighbor's patch of concrete is. He pointed to the patch of concrete. When I looked down at the concrete I noticed that there was debris scattered about the slab. There were branches, sticks, and several bricks laying on the slab. At first it didn't dawn on me what Glenn was wanting me to deduce.

Then, it hit me.

This kid had deliberately scattered the debris all over the slab himself to keep Glenn from parking there. As I pondered what our new neighbor had done, it became clear to me just how childish this individual must be. It wasn't good enough that Glenn had given him his word that he would no longer park there. No, he felt he had to create a barrier of some sort, and a silly looking one to boot.

Granted, the property is his to do with what he pleases, and he had every right to tell my father-in-law to move his car. But gee wizz, what the kid did was taking it a little too far and it really makes him look self-centered and childish.

Here's a picture I snapped of the concrete slab:



Now doesn't that look silly?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, what a way to introduce yourself as the new neighbor. Sounds like a real jerk. Sorry your nice neighbors were replaced by this guy!

Bryan said...

Yeah, he doesn't sound very friendly, does he? Maybe he'll change.

Saur♥Kraut said...

Creepy! Looks like you got a weirdo. I have one on one side of me, and the best neighbor I've EVER had on the other!

Bryan said...

Yeah, it's kind of funny how that happens, isn't it?

Tim said...

definitely a sign of immaturity. Perhaps he'll garner himself a chance to prove he's "normal" someday.